December 20, 2019Inspiration
What it REALLY takes to be successful.
Have you ever had this experience? You sit down to read a book, one recommended by a friend whose opinion you value. You pick up this book and begin the adventure of comprehension. If you have any experience with reading, you probably pretty quickly determine whether or not you understand what the author was trying to say.
A good book will keep your attention and engage the imagination; its significance will grow when you begin seeing the parallels in your own life to what's happening in the book.
Would it shock you if I told you that I have had this experience myself?
Once, a very successful family member and world-renowned pulmonologist recommended the book The Millionaire Next Door. Sitting on the porch of their beautiful home in Trune, drinking real freshly ground, imported, organic coffee from some exotic place near Cuba that I have never heard of, how could I resist heeding my family member's advice?
This book spoke so clearly to me about principles I had seen, through my experience, reflected over and over again. I though of clients I had helped improve and become more successful, as well as those who I had sadly had to leave to their own devices as they repeatedly made their same self-destructive mistakes.
I will lay the specifics of these lessons out in the form of several case studies. But, for the sake of this post, I will just explain the details of those proven points laid out the above book.
What does it take to be successful?
Here's the bottom line. To be successful, you need to master each of the following habits:
- Be vivid about your longterm goals. You need to be so clear about them, that you can taste and feel the results. Write them down and make a plan. One step at a time, give yourself a clear path to execution.
- Covet your time. Period. Tell it what to do and do not compromise.
- Focus on your daily efforts. These efforts may become redundant, you will need to learn to deal with redundancy. Make this your life mission.
- Next, you need to learn. Constantly. You don't know everything. And, believe it or not, you are not the expert in every situation you encounter. Rely on trusted professionals and feed your brain as much as possible. Listen to people who care to invest in you. Read books they suggest to you.
- Be thankful. For everything you have in your world. Then share it. Wholeheartedly.
- Love people. Learn how to see things from their perspective. Trust me, this is massively valuable.
And do not stop. Be diligent and purposeful in everything you deem important. Focus your time and invest your brain cells into growth.
Do you want to know what it takes to be successful? It takes you putting full effort into achieving your dreams, without compromise.
For more, check this out. It is how I run my life. Master it.